Method: internal standard of the Kastamonu group of companies.
- measure thickness at several points on samples;
- assemble elements in the T-joint;
- tightly clamp assembled elements in the test unit;
- ensure tightness of the fitting ring by applying a sealant;
- pour 1 liter of cold distilled water for 24 hours;
- upon the expiration of the designated time, repeat thickness measurements at the already planned points;
- take the average edge swelling index expressed in % as a result;
- standards for laminate without bevel: max ≤ 1%, for laminate with bevel: max ≤ 4%.
The test determines the preservation of laminate properties upon an accidental spillage of liquid.